Tuesday, May 23, 2006

[Poem] Secret Solitude

A silhouette in the doorway
Broken by flowing tears
Silence drowned by lonely grief
Seen by hidden eyes

A woken sleeper lies alone
Wrapped up in secret fears
Muffled sobs soak through pillows
Something inside dies

Two sets of tears
Tears all alone
Alone in the dark
Dark to the bone

A fragile heart weighs on sweet dreams
One final agony
She thought her secret died with her
Saved by her last breath

A final memory is forged
Deep inside of me
Dignity given by silence

Taken to my death

I

break

Tears fall

I keep your secret

At least I give you that

I should have given you more

Youth and age sharing solitude

I don’t think I even knew you

I’m sorry and I miss you

You beautiful

sorrowful

silhouette

4 Comments:

At 25 May 2006 at 22:19 , Blogger Pooky said...

Thank you. It was such a hard one for me to write because of what the subject matter meant to me. But I'm glad I got it out in the end.

 
At 30 May 2006 at 19:42 , Blogger Pooky said...

Well it remains to be seen whether I'll ever have the guts to show this to anyone who may know specifically what the poem is about, or for that matter anyone who has known me for a significant amount of time.

But your encouraging words have certainly helped to boost my confidence :)

 
At 17 June 2006 at 00:54 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, that is such a wonderful poem. Well paced and great structure. A very brave poem, but a joy to read.

*glomp*

 
At 17 June 2006 at 01:03 , Blogger Pooky said...

Thanks spoon *glomps* back atcha :D

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home