Tuesday, May 23, 2006

[Poem] Never

I couldn’t believe when it happened
Never thought I would get you
Never imagined how you would be

I never thought I’d have to miss you

I couldn’t believe an end might come
Never thought you’d do so much for me
Never imagined any other way

I never saw how blind I was

I couldn’t believe it wasn’t right
Never thought I’d give up
Never imagined anything else

I never forget your expression

I couldn’t believe the ways I hurt
Never thought I’d be afraid of you
Never imagined I was so weak

I never used my head

I couldn’t believe you were so cold
Never thought I could feel so much
Never imagined how small I could be

I never managed to get through to you

I couldn’t believe I could be strong
Never thought I’d stop missing you
Never imagined things could get worse

I never stopped to think

I couldn’t believe how stupid I’d been
Never thought I’d forget so soon
Never imagined I’d let you back in

I never dreamt you’d make me hate you

4 Comments:

At 25 May 2006 at 14:53 , Blogger Chris said...

I can't help but think these would be so much better has lyrics... darkly emotive and well-written, but there's "something" missing, but you've definitely got the talent.

Vastly superior to Pam Ayres (!) but not quite Joni Mitchell.

I'd recommend you listen to Leonard Cohen, too: he's the king of the emotive lyric, though somewhat depressing.

 
At 25 May 2006 at 19:55 , Blogger Pooky said...

Thanks for your comments Chris.

Lyrics eh? Hmm... Lyrics also need to go with some kind of musical talent, and I'm sadly lacking in that department. Unless you count my singing in the car, which is... erm... definitely memorable if not impressive.

I'm not really good with music so I'm afraid I can't recall anything by any of the three musicians you noted, but I'll look 'em up :D

 
At 26 May 2006 at 16:00 , Blogger Chris said...

Don't bother about Pam Ayres (West Country "funny" poet), but Leonard Cohen is a must: poetic genius IMHO.

 
At 28 August 2006 at 00:17 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pooky you have got talent my dear generally I don't like poetry but thats more due to crap poems I think after reading yours!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home